This document includes the necessary information to review, plan, and execute a new OpenRTB integration - or migrate from a custom SSP protocol integration to OpenRTB standard, in a self-paced fashion.
This checklist applies to all external supply partners, (existing as well as new), who aim to integrate via OpenRTB.
- Confirm with the AppNexus contact your data center details, auction timeout limits and IPs.
- Confirm with the AppNexus contact your member seat ID and (if required), new member seat creation and API login credentials on the AppNexus system.
- Confirm with the AppNexus contact your endpoints for incoming bid requests, and (if required), new endpoint creation on the AppNexus system.
- Confirm with the AppNexus contact your usersync pixel in order to map your user IDs to AppNexus user IDs, and if required, new setup and activation.
- Review the OpenRTB specification, and discuss any open questions with your AppNexus contact.
- Review the FAQ section and, discuss any open questions with your AppNexus contact.
- Engagement is expected to take 3-4 weeks.
- The client must fully review the Pre-requisite Checklist (this document) - and gather all the information prior following the steps above.
- The client confirms with the AppNexus contact the completion of the checklist. This is accomplished prior to the self-paced Integration/Migration steps below.
Step 1: Self-guided API/UI training and creation of objects (Estimated time: 7-10 days)
- Provision the objects that you will need for initial testing, either via the Console UI or Console API. See API Documentation for more details.
In order to provide transparency to our buyers and improve our optimization, we require our partners to break out their inventory by publisher. For more information regarding our inventory structure standards please visit our wiki.
Step 2: Endpoint testing (Estimated time: 3-5 days)
*NOTE: MEMBER_ID and MEMBER_ALIAS should be replaced with your individual partner member ID and alias - provided by AppNexus contact.
- You must use the test=1 query string parameter on your calls to identify a test impression. It will not be logged in reporting.
- Feel free to use the above endpoints for all integration testing, but make sure to remove the testing parameter for any production code.
Step 3: Initial traffic ramp-up and OpenRTB requirement validation (Estimated time: 7-10 days)
We encourage a gradual traffic ramp-up where distinct portions of your inventory is being sent to AppNexus. It is best to start with a small chunk of traffic (around 10%), and go from there.
AppNexus will verify your bid requests automatically and notify you in case the format needs to be corrected.
Final OpenRTB requirement validation
Notify your AppNexus contact about the completion of the self-paced integration/migration, who will initiate the final OpenRTB requirement validation tests - and provide you with final results and feedback.