Once you've discussed and clarified your integration goals with AppNexus, you start onboarding and building your integration. The process is generally as follows:
- AppNexus grants you access to this Supply Partner Integration wiki.
- You read through the entire wiki and discuss any open questions or issues with your AppNexus account representative.
- AppNexus creates a test member for you in the AppNexus Console sandbox environment, as well as login credentials for that particular UI.
- You create a default publisher and tag in the sandbox environment. AppNexus associates the tag with your sandbox member.
- You synchronize your inventory structure (publishers, ad quality profiles, placements, etc.) in the sandbox environment, either via the API or UI.
- You build your integration to send bid requests and receive bid responses according to AppNexus' technical specifications.
- You start testing against the sandbox environment, sending bid requests, receiving bid responses, and analyzing data to confirming that your system and AppNexus are synchronized. AppNexus confirms that your integration is correct and successful.
- AppNexus creates a member for you in the AppNexus Console production environment as well as login credentials for the UI and API.
- You create a default publisher and tag in the production environment. AppNexus associates the tag with your production member.
- You push your synchronization (from step 5) to the production environment and provide AppNexus with your ad call timeout limits.
- You begin low volume testing in the production environment. Testing should include error analysis, call validation, cookie match rates, discrepancy analysis, and timeouts.
- You work with AppNexus on increasing your volume.
***User sync/matching - where should this go? Done in preparation fro prod.