Once you've discussed and clarified your integration goals with AppNexus, you start onboarding and building your integration:
- AppNexus grants you access to this Supply Partner Integration wiki.
- You read through the entire wiki and discuss any open questions or issues with your AppNexus account representative.
- AppNexus creates a member for you in the AppNexus Console sandbox environment as well as login credentials for the API and UI.
- AppNexus creates a default publisher and tag and associates them to your member. I believe the client should create this publisher, then we'll go ahead and will associate that tag as their default.
- You synchronize your inventory structure (publishers, ad quality profiles, tags, etc.) in the sandbox environment, either via the API or UI.
It is important to synchronize on a regular basis, ideally automatically, for all publishers that meet a certain impression minimum. Synchronization allows you to analyze discrepancies between AppNexus and your system, investigate publisher or domain performance, and enforce ad quality and publisher blocking preferences to ensure that AppNexus provides acceptable bids.
- You build your integration to send bid requests and receive bid responses according to AppNexus' technical specifications (see Bid Request and Bid Response).
- You start testing against the sandbox environment, sending bid requests, receiving bid responses, and analyzing data to confirming that your system and AppNexus are synchronized. AppNexus confirms that your integration is correct and successful.
- AppNexus creates a member for you in the AppNexus Console production environment as well as login credentials for the UI and API.
- You push your synchronization (from step 4) to the production environment and provide AppNexus with your timeout limits.
- You begin low volume testing in the production environment. Testing should include error analysis, call validation, good cookie matching, discrapency analysis, timeouts.
- You work with AppNexus on increasing your volume.
***User sync/matching - where should this go? Done in preparation fro prod.