Once you've discussed and clarified your integration goals with AppNexus, you start onboarding and building your integration:
- AppNexus grants you access to this Supply Partner Integration wiki.
- You read through the entire wiki and discuss any open questions or issues with your AppNexus account representative.
- AppNexus creates a member for you in the AppNexus Console sandbox environment as well as login credentials for the UI and API.
- You synchronize your inventory structure (publishers, ad profiles, tags, etc.) in the sandbox environment. It's best to do this programmatically via the API, but you can also do this manually via the UI.
Synchronization ensures that you can analyze discrepancies between AppNexus and your system, investigate publisher or domain performance, and enforce ad quality and publisher blocking preferences to ensure that AppNexus provides acceptable bids.
- You build your integration to send bid requests, receive bid responses, and send notify requests according to AppNexus' technical specifications (see Bid Request, Bid Response, and Notify Request).
- You start testing against the sandbox environment, sending bid requests, receiving bid responses, and sending notifications. AppNexus confirms that your integration is correct and successful.
- AppNexus creates a member for you in the AppNexus Console production environment as well as login credentials for the UI and API.
- You push your synchronization (from step 4) to the production environment and provide AppNexus with your timeout limits.
- You begin low volume testing in the production environment. Testing should include error analysis, call validation, good cookie matching, discrapency analysis, timeouts.