The information in this document is based on the latest Ads.txt specification for the IAB as of August 22October 24, 2017. This information is subject to change based on IAB updates to the specification.
The Ads.txt File
See How To Ads.txt on the IAB website for more information.
Certification ID (optional)
There is one optional field that you can add to each line of your ads.txt file: a certification authority identifier. You can add this unique ID as an additional measure to demonstrate validity and trustworthiness of the advertising system. AppNexus has an identifier issued by the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG).
- Start by gathering up the list of all partners - ad networks, exchanges, and SSPs - where you sell your inventory.
- For each partner, you need the ad serving domain (appnexus.com), the AppNexus member ID, and your relationship with the member (DIRECT or RESELLER).
- Use any text editor to create a plain text file.
For your publisher direct seat, add a line to the file that looks like this:
appnexus.com, <member-id>, DIRECT
Replace member-id with the member ID of your AppNexus account.
Sellers can find their member ID in Console by navigating to the Monetization Dashboard and looking for the ID at the bottom of the screen:
You can also check with your AppNexus representative. Be sure to note that you need your member ID, not your publisher ID.
If you work with any partners who have AppNexus seats, create lines that look like this, one partner per line:
appnexus.com, <member-id>, RESELLER
Replace member-id with the AppNexus member ID of the partner you work with. Your partner should be able to provide you with this ID.
- Save the file with the name ads.txt, and upload it to the root folder of your domain, such as example.com/ads.txt.
- Validate your ads.txt file using the AppNexus Ads.txt Validator. This tool will help you ensure that your ads.txt file has been configured correclty. You can either enter the URL to your ads.txt file or upload your file, and the validator will will let you know if it identifies any issues.
Publisher Reselling Partners