Supply Partner Best Practices
Below are a set of best practices AppNexus requires Supply Partners to abide by to be in good standing and to have access to the AppNexus open exchange. AppNexus reserves the right to disable Supply Partners in whole or in part, including shutting off access to the open exchange, if they do not abide by these best practices.
To access the AppNexus RTB exchange, Supply Partners must:
• Integrate with the latest version of OpenRTB (currently 2.4 or higher) as implemented by AppNexus
• Abide by AppNexus requirements for specific devices & formats across channels
To sell inventory in the open exchange, Supply Partners must provide information that validates that they are approved to monetize a Publisher's inventory. By cooperating to validate this, AppNexus and our Supply Partners are taking a stand against the arbitrage of Publisher inventory and building trust through transparency with buyers and sellers alike.
To this end, the following best practices must be followed to sell Publisher inventory as a Supply Partner on AppNexus:
• Maintain direct relationships with the owner of the inventory's underlying domain or app. No third party or network traffic should be uploaded.
• Create a properly labeled, separate Publisher object for each Publisher. Each Publisher object should represent the business entity with whom the Supply Partner holds the end financial relationship.
• Disclose Publisher details in keeping with AppNexus Inventory Relationship Declaration requirements.
• Ensure that domains with
ads.txt files list you as an authorized reseller. Guidance for how AppNexus Supply Partners can work with their partners to declare their AppNexus members in
ads.txt files can be found in AppNexus Support for Ads.txt.
Supply Partners must hold a fair and transparent auction in which auction manipulation is prohibited, which includes but is not limited to non-transparent fees and dynamic flooring.
Build to our APIs
To access the AppNexus platform, supply partners must use our APIs. All system objects should be created and managed via APIs. Any Supply Partner who wishes to sell Deals must do so via the Deal Service.
More Best Practices
- Understanding the Sell-Side Object Hierarchy
An overview of publishers and placements and how to work with them.
- Synchronize Your Inventory Structure
Guidance on using the Console UI or API to map your supply to AppNexus.
- Define Ad Quality Rules
Determine which creates can serve on your inventory.
- RTB Eligibility Requirements
Requirements for transacting on the AppNexus open exchange.
- Inventory Relationship FAQ
Details on our efforts to maintain transparency and accountability through Inventory Relationship.